BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ldenney
Obsidian | Level 7

Good morning!

I have a master dataset (30+ million records) that updates every quarter. I also have a look-up table with about 900 records in it that updates every 2 weeks. I would like to know from others the best way to create a look-up between the values in both datasets without having to re-load the master dataset. I have reviewed the process for using a join, create view and formats. Any expert and practical advice is much appreciated!

I am currently using SAS VA version 7.3.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Reload a table of that size every two weeks doesn't sound like an issue ix you don't have extreme 24/7 requirements.
Formats saves memory but there have been some quality issues with then in the product. Not sure if all those are fixed in 7.3.
What do you mean by a view? A star schema? That could work fine if the usual query results in small subsets.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation