BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

Dear All,

I have a questions that about the LASR server creation.

As we know by default two lasr server exist (private and public).

There is a possibilitiy to create more lasrs . if we create extra lasr server for specific subject area will it be balance the load? or just we create for to restrict the departments,subject areas? 

I would like to know if we have more than one lasr server will load balance or not?

Thanks in advance!.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Create a separate folder in the Metadata tree, on for each user group that should have private access to their own data/reports. Then just set the appropriate authorization for each folder.
Data never sleeps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I haven't heard of such of setup.

Why don't use "simple" authorization instead (on object or folder level)?

Data never sleeps
vallsas
Pyrite | Level 9

hi ,

can you please elaborate how it can be created by folder level?

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Create a separate folder in the Metadata tree, on for each user group that should have private access to their own data/reports. Then just set the appropriate authorization for each folder.
Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Tips for filtering data sources in SAS Visual Analytics

See how to use one filter for multiple data sources by mapping your data from SAS’ Alexandria McCall.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation