BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
stephierose1
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Cynthia! This helped me find the path. I which SAS included this instruction in their e-learning video before they asked this question.

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

For every interface that uses SAS Studio, in the instructions that students are provided, each set of instructions contains information about using the Properties window as highlighted in cyan, below. The information about the Properties window will work to find folder path names and for individual file path names

SAS OnDemand for Academics:

Cynthia_sas_2-1610121762178.png

SAS University Edition:

Cynthia_sas_1-1610121735043.png

SAS Studio with a local install of SAS on Windows:

Cynthia_sas_0-1610121678687.png

Hope this helps,

Cynthia

stephierose1
Calcite | Level 5

Interesting. I must have overlooked these instructions when setting up SAS studio since it was not relevant to setting up. I did notice that after I completed this particular practice that the instructions for the next practice included how to find the filepath. It would have been nice if the reminder had occurred in the first activity that I was being asked for the filepath instead of the second. I am trying to make sure that I understand every step and how to get the solution before I move forward, which is why I ended up googling how to find the filepath which led to this post. Thank you for your response Cynthia. I will be sure to refer back to set-up instructions in the future if I have any additional clarification questions as I move along.

Aditi30
Calcite | Level 5
what ans are you getting for number of rows?
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi, we have several versions of the class. We host one version on our SAS e-learning server and we host another version on the Coursera platform. Although the content is the same, the Lessons are organized slightly differently -- as an example, on our server, the material is organized in Lessons and on Coursera, the material is organized by Weeks.

On our server, Lesson 2 is called Accessing Data. However, that Lesson has multiple practices and multiple quizzes. Without more information it is hard to understand which activity or practice you're working on.

If you are working on one of the Activity questions, you can use the "Show Answer" button as shown below (I just picked one of the Activities in Lesson 2):

Cynthia_sas_0-1621021931595.png

If you are working on one of the Practices, please click the "Show Solution" button to see the solution code and answer to the questions. Here's where you look:

Cynthia_sas_1-1621021956585.png

When you have a question, it's better to create a new posting in this forum rather than post in the middle of an older post that was originally from 2019. Good information to provide: Title of the course, Lesson you're working in, Section you're working in, Title of Activity or Practice, code you tried, description of problem.

Thanks,
Cynthia

Akhil123
Calcite | Level 5
How many observations are in the table? please help
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You need to run the PROC CONTENTS step as instructed in order to answer this question. If you do not have the storm_summary data file in your class folder, then you need to repeat the setup instructions to make the data for your class. If you get error messages when you run the setup program, then the best thing to do is to send mail to curriculumconsulting@sas.com in order to get one of the instructors on duty to help you with your problem. They will need to see your SAS Log for the data creation program and you'll also need to tell them how you are using SAS do do the class practices (using SAS OnDemand for Academics, using your own copy of SAS, using Enterprise Guide). Keep in mind that the SAS Programming 1 class also has Virtual Lab access and the nice thing about the Virtual Lab access is that the data for the class is already created for you.
Cynthia
ideamonkabhi
Calcite | Level 5
proc contents data="/home/&sysuserid/EPG194/data/storm_summary.sas7bdat";
run;

sobi_shan
Calcite | Level 5

how can we copy the file path? do we need to type it?

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
When you are in the Properties window you should see a Location field. Typically, all you need to do is highlight the full path in the Location field and do a Ctrl+C (to copy) and then go over to the program where you need the path. Highlight in the program and then do a Ctrl+V (to paste) which should paste the string you just copied into the program

Cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 57 likes
  • 14 in conversation