BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Farmurey
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to do the setup in SAS studio to access the Base SAS certification exam (in my Mac). The instructions are:

At the top of the Server Files and Folders panel, click New and select Folder. 

In the Name box, type cert in lowercase exactly as shown. Click Save.

I am able to select every other option except the "folder" option in the Navigation menu. 

I have tried other options posted in the community, including trying to create a new folder, but still unable to create a folder.

Can you please help me out??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User
Make sure you're clicked on the place you want to create the new folder. If you select the top most directory in there (looks like two towers) it doesn't show Folder as an option for me either as you can't create a folder under the main level.

If I go down a level and click on Files(Home) or my name I can then create the new folder.

FYI - Just tested this on my Mac

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User
Make sure you're clicked on the place you want to create the new folder. If you select the top most directory in there (looks like two towers) it doesn't show Folder as an option for me either as you can't create a folder under the main level.

If I go down a level and click on Files(Home) or my name I can then create the new folder.

FYI - Just tested this on my Mac
Farmurey
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you. I was able to solve the issue. 

But now I have a new problem.

WARNING: Physical file does not exist, /home/u2373452/cert.
ERROR: ************************************************************
Path specified for data files (/home/u2373452/cert) is not valid.
Remember: PATH values in UNIX and LINUX are case sensitive.
201 libname cert "&path/input";
SYMBOLGEN: Macro variable PATH resolves to /home/u2373452/cert
SYMBOLGEN: Some characters in the above value which were subject to macro quoting have been unquoted for printing.
NOTE: Library CERT does not exist.
202 proc contents data=cert._all_ nods;
203 run;

WARNING: Library CERT does not exist.
ERROR: Library CERT does not exist.

Can you please help me solve this?

Thank you!

Reeza
Super User
Make sure that is the path. Right click on the folder you created, select properties and copy the path.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation