BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
djrisks
Barite | Level 11

To Whom It May Concern:

Do you know how I can read in data from a mapped drive on my computer into SAS Studio please? I cannot see how to do this. I do not know how to specify the libname. I would like to connect to this drive: SponsorProjects$ (\\SCSFS-P)

Many thanks,

Kriss

3 REPLIES 3
Reeza
Super User

Are you using SAS UE or a private installation? I'm guessing a private installation since you have a mapped network drive. In that case you would create a new libname to that drive. Go to the Libraries pane and add a path to the folder you want. This assumes you're access a SAS data set, sas7bdat file. If your file is CSV or Excel, then this would be a different answer.

djrisks
Barite | Level 11

Hi Reeza, 

I have a Company Installation (although I think this comes under private). Because it's a company installation, this could be the reason why I cannot add any new libraries. The only options I have are to connect to the A, C, D or E drive. I would like to read in CSV files.

Reeza
Super User
You can either upload your file or you need to talk to your IT team about getting access to new drives then. You can upload but that has limits and could also be turned off.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation