BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
WillTheKiwi
Pyrite | Level 9

Not sure if this is the right community. I have noticed in the last day or two that the CODE window in SAS studio is very slow to respond to mouse clicks and scrolling. I tried it on Chrome and Edge, and I tried rebooting my laptop, all to no avail. I am on the Asia/Pacific server. A colleague working on a European server has noticed the same problem.

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WillTheKiwi
Pyrite | Level 9

Running Chrome in incognito mode solved the problem, so thanks heaps to Greg Wootton. I then tried switching off all browser extensions. The culprit was EndNote Click. Presumably it was added or updated lately and I didn't notice. Whatever, it's incompatible with the CODE window in Studio. Thanks again, Greg.  Someone jumped the gun by accepting as a solution a previous message suggesting to contact SASoda@sas.com. 

Will

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
WillTheKiwi
Pyrite | Level 9
This is URGENT. It's practically unusable. Whlle you're at it, you could try fixing another sporadic problem, whereby when attempting to highlight several lines in a program, all lines below get highlighted. Oh, and another thing: sometimes you can't see where the cursor is, nor can you see the highlighting on code that is nevertheless highlighted.
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If you have an urgent issue you may wish to engage SAS Technical Support.

SAS Studio is a web application that runs in the browser on your local machine, so I would suspect something that is specific to your environment rather than the software. Are you able to try from another computer?

There was another topic where a user reported similar issues that ended up being something related to their router.

https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Viya/SAS-Viya-3-5-slow-to-respond-to-keystrokes-and-mouse/m-p/891...
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
WillTheKiwi
Pyrite | Level 9
Thanks for the quick reply. I just by-passed my router by using my cellphone's hotspot, but no joy. I can't try another computer, but my European colleague has the same problem. I'll try technical support. There is no link to it from the SAS site, not that I can find, but I have an email address from some years ago.
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Here's the link to open a SAS Support track: https://service.sas.com/csm

You'll be required to login before accessing this , but you can use your SAS Community login.

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
If you working with SAS OnDemand for Academics you can use the following email to open a support request:
SASoda@sas.com
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Here's the link to Technical Support contact information:
https://support.sas.com/en/technical-support.html

If you haven't already, try using the private browsing / incognito mode in your browser and/or disabling any browser extensions you have that could be interfering with the application.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
WillTheKiwi
Pyrite | Level 9

Running Chrome in incognito mode solved the problem, so thanks heaps to Greg Wootton. I then tried switching off all browser extensions. The culprit was EndNote Click. Presumably it was added or updated lately and I didn't notice. Whatever, it's incompatible with the CODE window in Studio. Thanks again, Greg.  Someone jumped the gun by accepting as a solution a previous message suggesting to contact SASoda@sas.com. 

Will

FreelanceReinh
Jade | Level 19

Hello @WillTheKiwi,

@WillTheKiwi wrote:

Someone jumped the gun by accepting as a solution a previous message suggesting to contact SASoda@sas.com. 

That can be corrected easily: Select a different post as the solution after clicking "Not the Solution" in the option menu (see icon below) of the current solution.
show_option_menu.png