BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
mpirritano
Calcite | Level 5

Greetings, all!

We've had this issue for some time in SAS Viya 3.5. When we try to type of scroll using the mouse there is a major multiple second delay before a response. It makes the platform almost unusable. Does anyone know what causes this? I'm accessing using chrome via VPN on my Dell laptop work pc. Any ideas are most welcome. Or please ask any clarifying questions if that would help.

thanks

matt

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I assume you are using SAS Studio as your user interface to Viya 3.5? Is that correct? If so try another browser. Do you get the same problem?

mpirritano
Calcite | Level 5

This happens to me with all browsers, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. Any ideas?! This is driving me crazy. Been years and no solution. My keyboard and mouse work fine everywhere else.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
If your mouse is slowing down, it sounds like an issue with your laptop's available resources. I would open resource monitor or task manager -> performance prior to opening Viya and see if all your CPU/memory is being consumed.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I suggest you try another PC if possible to see if it is a PC-specific problem or not. If it is a problem with all PCs then I'd suggest talking to your SAS administrator to see if there are any server-side bottlenecks.

mpirritano
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks, all! I just had to restart my router and all is good! Glad that is finally solved!