BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NataliaSummer
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello there!

I am using Model Studio in SAS Viya for Learners and running into a weird error in the Data Node. Here is how to replicate:

1. Create a new project using Forecasting or Hierarchical Forecasting template.
  2. Use pre-loaded PRODUCT_CLEAN data (even though I also tried with PRICE data).
  3. Set ORDER_DATE as time variable
  4. Set QUANTITY as dependent variables
  5. Set PRODUCT_GROUP as BY-VAR (even though I also tried with other variables)
  6. Run the Data Node

Below is the log I'm getting with the error. 

Please suggest how to fix or a workaround. I'm preparing a workshop I'm teaching on Tuesday 7/11 and without by-group functionality in VFL I would have to use another tool 😣. Thank you!

The data node is beginning execution.
A lock is being acquired for execution.
The execution lock has been successfully acquired.
The input table for the project is "YVA285.PRODUCTS_CLEAN".
The by-variables are "Product_Group".
The input attributes table is "Analytics_Project_c845f4f5-0301-4c9b-add8-37aa6c388825._ATTRIBUTES".
The input time series table is being accumulated. 
An error occurred during execution: Error accumulating input data
The data node has completed execution in 0.707 seconds with the following status: "Failed".
The execution lock has been released.

6 REPLIES 6
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello Natalia,

The error can be a result of lack of space on the CAS server.

The easiest way to view memory utilization rates is through the dashboard in SAS Environment Manager.
Look at "System Health"-widget >> Node Memory Usage.

Or follow instructions here :
SAS® Viya® 3.5 Administration
CAS Fundamentals
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/calcdc/3.5/casfun/titlepage.htm

Click on >> Memory

Kind regards,

Koen

NataliaSummer
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you so much Koen!

Yes, I checked this morning in the Viya for Learners Server, the Node Memory Usage is 10% and the BY-GROUP functionality is working!

Now, is there a way to "reserve" space on VFL or make sure I use the least amount possible? I am teaching a workshop with 30+ folks on Tuesday afternoon live (and everyone would be logged-in and actively using VLS) and I'm afraid it will be erroring-out...

Thanks for your advice!

Natalia

mitrov
SAS Employee

Natalia,

Can you please open a tech support track? Tech support can guide you to gather the information we need to help you out. 

Michele

NataliaSummer
Fluorite | Level 6

Done, just submitted. TS number is 7613821010, would appreciate a soon follow-up, thanks Michele!

mitrov
SAS Employee

If I understood correctly, it worked after resubmitting it the day after. Her question now is how to prevent the error from happening again during her class. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation