BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Pierre_Ars
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am running a proc anova and in the output Modelanova I see a variable Misspattern which seems to take 3 different values (in my case) : 1,2,3.

For example : 

MissPatternDependentHypothesisTypeSourceDFSSMSFValueProbF
1m_chargetot6CD_LOB_NOMAD122733363953227333639536,8455655060,00904096

Can someone explain how to interpret those values (here 1)?

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

The interpretation of MISSPATTERN is found by LOOKING AT your data with your own eyes and seeing what the pattern of missing is that exists in the data set.

How did you know that Misspattern = 2 implies X2 and X3 are missing ?

I did not say that MISSPATTERN = 2 implies that X2 and X3 are missing. I was giving an example, which began with the words "For Example", so it could be other variables that are missing — which you can figure out yourself by LOOKING AT your data with your own eyes.

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

There are three different missing patterns in your X-data. For example, when MISSPATTERN = 1 then X1 is missing, when MISSPATTERN = 2 then X2 and X3 are missing; and when MISSPATTERN = 3 then X1 and X3 are missing.

In the presence of missing X variables, you should not be using PROC ANOVA. The documentation states clearly:

Use PROC ANOVA for the analysis of balanced data only, with the following exceptions: one-way analysis of variance, Latin square designs, certain partially balanced incomplete block designs, completely nested (hierarchical) designs, and designs with cell frequencies that are proportional to each other and are also proportional to the background population. These exceptions have designs in which the factors are all orthogonal to each other.

--
Paige Miller
Pierre_Ars
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you !

But where can I find the interpretation of MissPattern (=1,2,3,...)  in the documentation ? How did you know that Misspattern = 2 implies X2 and X3 are missing ? I made a lot of tests and I always got a value of 1,2 or 3 for this variable (never 0 for example)...

Thank you in advance !

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

The interpretation of MISSPATTERN is found by LOOKING AT your data with your own eyes and seeing what the pattern of missing is that exists in the data set.

How did you know that Misspattern = 2 implies X2 and X3 are missing ?

I did not say that MISSPATTERN = 2 implies that X2 and X3 are missing. I was giving an example, which began with the words "For Example", so it could be other variables that are missing — which you can figure out yourself by LOOKING AT your data with your own eyes.

--
Paige Miller
Pierre_Ars
Calcite | Level 5

So thank you @PaigeMiller , your point allows me to solve my problem !

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation