BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
H-elmu-t
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I have a problem in SAS IRM when executing a job flow in my personal federated area.

In one point of time of the execution of the job flow all nodes currently executed terminate with the following error message:

ERROR: The text expression length (65539) exceeds maximum length (65534). The text expression has been truncated to 65534 characters.

Nodes that finished already before end without any errors. And suddenly all nodes exit with the above error.

Does anybody know this behavior and/or what causes it?

Note, that the job flow in general already worked perfectly fine.
We do constantly try to improve the job flow and maybe something went wrong there.
But we are not aware what that could be to cause the behavior described above.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Helmut

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
H-elmu-t
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @sbxtog ,

Thanks for your feedback.
I am not creating a macro variable in the end of a node by suffixing text to a string.

Nevertheless that was a very helpful hint, because I checked the nodes again and I found out that there was a missing bracket in one of the macro calls in one of the nodes.

After fixing this problem the error does not occur anymore.

Thanks & best regards,
Helmut

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
sbxtog
SAS Employee

Hi,

Is it possible you're creating the macro variable in that node by suffixing text to a string?

• If so, when the macro variable is not deleted upon node execution, continued executions of that node may cause that macro variable to become too big. SAS Solutions usually clean up the work library + remove all macro variables upon exiting a node.
  • If not, can you attach your logfile?
H-elmu-t
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @sbxtog ,

Thanks for your feedback.
I am not creating a macro variable in the end of a node by suffixing text to a string.

Nevertheless that was a very helpful hint, because I checked the nodes again and I found out that there was a missing bracket in one of the macro calls in one of the nodes.

After fixing this problem the error does not occur anymore.

Thanks & best regards,
Helmut

ArnoldP
Obsidian | Level 7

Dear sbxtog,

yes, that's a good hint. You say "SAS Solutions usually clean up the work library + remove all macro variables upon existing a node".

This we painfully also learned that it should be a good or best practice to do so. We re-invented the wheel as we were not aware of it. Only later we have seen it in another IRM Solution that they also use a "cleanup" Macro. Unfortunately the solution we heavily use from the beginning (SAS RCM - Regulatory Capital Management) is not following this best practice which is sometimes a pain 😉  Already requested/suggested to the RCM guys but unfortunately not implemented yet.

Just my 2 cents on an old discussion entry....;)

ArnoldP
Obsidian | Level 7

Update on that.

With RCM v2022.03 the guys finally implemented the "good/best practice" to include a cleanup macro call at the end of each node in the RCM solution.

👏

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation