BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
HEB1
Calcite | Level 5

hello,

I wand to construct 3 groups based on 2 variables (F_D and reporting_firm) , by CIK- that is I want to define each cik ID to 1 of the 3 groups:

Group1- every cik that has F_D =1 before reporting_firm=1

Group2- every cik that has F_D =1 and reporting_firm=0 for all cik years

Group- every cik that has F_D =0 before reporting_firm=1

best, 

HB

2 REPLIES 2
Quentin
Super User

A lot of people won't download files for security reasons.  You will make it much easier for people to help you if you post example data you HAVE as a DATA step with the CARDS statement (with 10-20 records, showing the different scenarios).  And also include the data you WANT to generate.  Also suggest including the code you have tried, and any problems with your code (wrong result, error message, etc.) .

BASUG is hosting free webinars ! Check out our recordings of past webinars: https://www.basug.org/videos. Be sure to subscribe to our email list for notification of future BASUG events.
ballardw
Super User

What do you want for

Group- every cik that has F_D =0 never reporting_firm=1?

The second reason for showing small example of the data is that you can manually show a second set with the desired result. I'm not sure what you expect a result to look like.

is your "group" variable supposed to be numeric or character? Actually say "Group1"?  What is the name of the variable to be constructed>

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation