BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
EC
Calcite | Level 5 EC
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am using SAS 9.4 to run a model using PROC GEE with a multinomial outcome (3-levels), binary and continous independent variables, and repeated measures. I have a significant interaction term between two categorical variables.

Typically I would use the estimate or lsmeans statement to calculate the odds ratios for the possible combinations, however these options are not available with PROC GEE.

How can I generate the standard errors/confidence limits for each of the combinations of the interaction term? Is there another way to code my interaction term?

PROC GEE data=dataset descending;
class  var1 var2 var3 ID/Ref=first; 
model outcome= time var1 var2 var3 var2*var3 / dist=multinomial link=glogit; 
repeated subject=ID /Type=ind; 
run; 
1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

LSMEANS are available in my version of PROC GEE (SAS/STAT14.1), so the most hopeful thing I can think of is to upgrade your installation.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation