BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CACHO
Calcite | Level 5

Assuming the LS-mean is estimable, PROC MIXED constructs an approximate t test to test the null hypothesis
that the associated population quantity equals zero.

Is there a way to test the null hypothesis that the associated population quantity equals ONE?

2 REPLIES 2
cminard
Obsidian | Level 7

You could probably write a contrast or estimate statement to test it.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

From the SAS/STAT documentation of shared concepts, I found this option for the LSMESTIMATE statement:

TESTVALUE=value-list
TESTMEAN=value-list

specifies the value under the null hypothesis for testing the  estimable functions in the LSMESTIMATE statement. The rules for specifying the value-list are very similar to those for specifying the divisor list in the DIVISOR= option. If no TESTVALUE= is specified, all tests are performed as

. Missing values in the value-list also are translated to zeros. If you specify fewer values than rows in the LSMESTIMATE statement, the last value in value-list is carried forward.

What I didn't find were any examples of how to use this, but I would expect to see some in the SGF and regional SUG proceedings, so you might look there.

SteveDenham

The TESTVALUE= option affects only p-values from individual, joint, and multiplicity-adjusted tests. It does not affect confidence intervals.

The TESTVALUE option is not available for the multinomial distribution, and the values are ignored when you perform a sampling-based (Bayesian) analysis

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation