BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
suebayran
Calcite | Level 5

I have an GLM and a treament variable given to the patient in a factorial fashion coded in the following manner

1-control

2-oral drug A

3-inhaler B

4-drug A and B togther

My outcome variable is the weekly number of puffs of albuterol taken for the patient's asthma.

I need to test whether the treatment effect, which is significant in my model, can be attributed entirely to the inhaler B. Can someone help me in how I might test this in SAS? Would it be some sort of contrast statement? Thanks all.

1 REPLY 1
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Unfortunately, this experimental design isn't really a factorial, as each patient proceeds through the four treatments in the same order.

In that sense, this is a repeated measures design, with a response variable that is a count.  In order to get the comparisons you want, you'll likely want to use PROC GLIMMIX.

Try the following for a comparison of the marginal estimates:

proc glimmix data=yourdata;
class ID treatment;
model count = treatment / dist=poisson;
random treatment / residual type=un subject=ID;
lsmeans treatment / diff;
run;

This should at least get you started.  There may be some glitches along the way as far as convergence, etc., but those can be dealt with.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

What is Bayesian Analysis?

Learn the difference between classical and Bayesian statistical approaches and see a few PROC examples to perform Bayesian analysis in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation