BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jacksonan123
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I have data from a two-way cross over Bioequivalence study for a test product and a reference product and I fit the data to obtain the individual subject parameters.  I then can use SAS PROC CORR to obtain the variance/covariance matrix which would allow me to do a simulation by changing the test parameter for rate constant of absorption and proceed to simulate a two-way crossover Bioequivalence study.  I can then take the Cholesky of the var/cov matrix  using SAS IML to get the lower triangular matrix to conduct simulations usinf SAS IML.

I wanted to know is there any way to  introduce random error into the parameters of the two-way crossover study to have those parameters be similar to what one might see if the two-way crossover study were replicated?

Two-way  Design

Seq1         AB

Seq1         BA

Replicate Design

Seq1  A B  A B

Seq2  B A  B  A

3 REPLIES 3
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Yes. However, I am not a biostatistician and I do not understand your jargon. Can you explain in simple English what you are trying to do and include some data?  Are the data multivariate normal? Or are they multinomial (correlated categorical)?  If so, the RANDNORMAL function and the RANDMULTINOMIAL functions might help you.

JE_HamerMa
Calcite | Level 5

I have tried using proc simnormal where you use the covariance matrix from proc corr.  The only issue is that you will need to know the what the correlation is for reference 1 to reference 2 and test 1 to test 2 which can not be obtained from your 2x2 trial.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you post sample data and code you are using, we might be able to help.

> you will need to know what the correlation is for reference 1 to reference 2 and

> test 1 to test 2 which can not be obtained from your 2x2 trial.

In simulation studies, the parameters for the simulation have to come from somewhere. In clinical trials, they sometimes come from a small pilot study that estimates the parameters. Another option is to use parameters from other similar studies. A third option is to use an expert's opinion as the best guess. 

You can also choose a discrete set of parameter values and run a family of simulations. For example, you can choose R1 = {0.2, 0.4, 0.6} as possible values for the correlation of "reference 1 to reference 2" and R2 = {0.0, 0.1, 0.2} as possible values for the correlation of "test1 to test 2". You can then run the 3x3=9 simulation studies. If you have some way to compare the simulation studies to reality, you might be able to decide which one matches reality the best.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

Multiple Linear Regression in SAS

Learn how to run multiple linear regression models with and without interactions, presented by SAS user Alex Chaplin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

From The DO Loop
Want more? Visit our blog for more articles like these.
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation