BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Vasant
Calcite | Level 5

Hello All,

For future career purposes, I need a comprehensive list (As many as you know) of all the companies involved in Healthcare Analytics (Population, Operations or Claims Data Analysis) where SAS is the primary tool used or extensively used.

I am looking for firms mainly in North America and India.

Would greatly help me if you could let me know some or where I could get this information.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

-Vasant

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
swyatt
Fluorite | Level 6
In the U.S., for outpatient analytics, it's going to be mainly Medicare vendors, payers (like United, Cigna, BCBS, etc.), and some healthcare systems directly. But even within that pool, it's hit and miss for use of SAS. Many are developing their analytics programs in Python because of the financial savings, but the CMS HCC models for risk adjustment are built in SAS.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
swyatt
Fluorite | Level 6
In the U.S., for outpatient analytics, it's going to be mainly Medicare vendors, payers (like United, Cigna, BCBS, etc.), and some healthcare systems directly. But even within that pool, it's hit and miss for use of SAS. Many are developing their analytics programs in Python because of the financial savings, but the CMS HCC models for risk adjustment are built in SAS.
Vasant
Calcite | Level 5
All right. What about inpatient operations for clinical outcomes and population health? Anyone?
Quentin
Super User

This would be very valuable information to a lot of us.   I've often wished I could just call SAS and say "Please tell me all the companies in Rhode Island that license SAS, cuz I need a new job." But unfortunately, I don't think you'll find such a list.  

I don't think SAS wants to release a list of all their (healthcare) customers, nor would those companies want to be on a public list which reveals to their competitors which analytic tools they are using.

It's possible that some place like Gardner or Forrester would collect such information when they survey companies, but I'm not sure they would release an actual list of which companies use each tool, even if you pay for their membership.

But good luck in your search.  If you find a list, please share! 

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Don Henderson presenting on using hash functions (not hash tables!) to segment data on June 12. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
swyatt
Fluorite | Level 6
Agreed - please share if you do find a list! If you decide to compile your own list, I would suggest combing LinkedIn, Indeed, and other similar job posting sites with relevant keywords that include SAS. Companies that are posting jobs that require extensive SAS experience are likely using it as their primary analytics tool, especially if any of their postings are for SAS developers. Also, keep in mind that any list you find or create is only accurate up to the day it was created. CIOs and CTOs can change their mind and switch over to different software at the drop of a hat - especially when they're holding an invoice for SAS license renewal.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation