BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
miguelpikons
Calcite | Level 5

I did one when I got out of college and needed cash fast. 17 days in a facility for 3 grand. I did it because a friend of mine in a similar situation (student loans) did a couple before me. It was a 1 time thing for me, but many of the people I met there were "career" subjects, moving from study to study as frequently as they could. I'm curious how common this is and what your experiences were like. Can you actually make a living doing it? Does the possibility of side effects freak you out? etc.

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

Not particularly SAS related so I'm not sure if this might get removed.

Yes, I have participated in a Clinical Trial. Since it was done during chemotherapy as part of treatment there was no payment. Drugs provided for daily dose for basically a year but whether they were placebo or actual I don't know. Considering the known side-effects of the chemo the potential ones listed for the trial drug were a very minor consideration. Since the drug involved had been around for awhile the likely side-effects were pretty well known.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation