BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
lostoki
Calcite | Level 5

Hi everyone! I'm taking the plunge next month and taking the SAS VA Certification exam at the forum. I've been working in VA for a few years now but I still work on version 7.3. The exam is on 7.4.

I looked at the 'what's new' section of the admin guide and have perused most posts that have "SAS VA exam." Last August SAS came onsite for a four day VA class which I did well in. I have the book "An Introduction to SAS Visual Analytics." I know my weakness is in using the Data Builder, so I'm going to practice on that. I don't see that Pearson has a practice exam on SAS VA. I looked at the 10 sample questions. What else would you recommend?

I wanted to ask the community about their experiences. Any tips or tricks for me on either actually taking the exam, or the differences between versions? I appreciate any and all responses and see you in the big D!

Shellie

1 REPLY 1
Mark2010
SAS Employee

Hi Shellie. There is very little difference between the 7.3 and the 7.4 exam. If you have experience on 7.3, that is fine.

With the 4 day course under your belt and your experience, you are in a good position. If you've seen the sample questions, then you are familiar with our certification site. Grab the pdf version of the exam content guide and look over the expanded list of topics. Practice any areas that you are not familiar with. Here is a link to the content guide, click on the pdf download.

https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/exam-content-guides/visual-analytics-exploration.html.

Thanks,

Mark Stevens

Certification Developer

SAS Global Certification