Returning User | Level 2

I sure hope so! I am making sure there will be BOFs at WUSS this year 😄

You do mean Birds of a Feather, right?

jmhorstman
Obsidian | Level 7
I certainly hope he didn't mean Branchio Oculo Facial Syndrome. 🙂
CJac73
Obsidian | Level 7
Nooo, Birds Of a Feather Sessions are informal gatherings of specific topics, like SAS users from Texas, or mainframers. 

SteveCavill
Calcite | Level 5

Mainframers!  You mean there’s still some out there ?  🙂

CJac73
Obsidian | Level 7
Yes sir! Great networking tool for attendees.

gmbaker
SAS Employee

New this year are Lunchtime Chats (similar to BOFs).

On Monday and Tuesday, there will be designated tables in the Meals room that will be available to sit with your peers to talk about specific topics. 

For example, you can join the table Monday from Noon to 1:00 p.m. with Kirk Lafler to discuss "advanced PROC SQL Programming Techniques".

Visit the conference app (starting March 19) for more details. 

Gail Baker
SAS
CJac73
Obsidian | Level 7
Are these moderated with assigned facilitators?
hglanz
Returning User | Level 2

The ones I've been involved with in the past have not been moderated or had assigned facilitators.....but these ones might.

gmbaker
SAS Employee

There is a member of the conference team at each table that is an expert in that topic area. He/she will be available to moderate or lead conversation. 

Gail Baker
SAS
CJac73
Obsidian | Level 7
Thanks @gmbaker. BTW, we started NOTSUG at
a BOFS at SUGI 12 and SCSUG at one during SUGI 14 when we could sign up for a room. Sounds like the lunch are Roundtables discussions. Can local user groups have tables (asking for a friend)
zekeT_sasaholic
Quartz | Level 8

Would love a BOF for the following:

• Spanish Speakers SUG
  • Local User Group Leaders
  • SASENSEI users

Excited to meet, gather and network with existing friends and soon to be new ones!

See Y'all in Dallas!

Y-ee Ha!

Best

Zeke

TBarker
Quartz | Level 8
I would also welcome a BOF for IHSUG leaders, as I will be starting one at my company this year. I will, of course, rely upon SAS's Customer Success team for guidance, but it would be great to chat with other IHSUG leaders to share what works, what doesn't work, and tips for leading an IHSUG.
~Tamara
LoriGoldman
Obsidian | Level 7

I would be very interested in a LUG BOF as well.

I'll be in Dallas Sunday thru Thursday.

I know most people would probably be gone by then, but I'm taking a post-con training Wednesday afternoon, so I'll be around Wednesday evening if there are any other LUG leaders still around.  I'm on the SC of BASUG.

Zeke, please enlighten me - what is SASENSE! ???

AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

Hi Lori,

As the founder of the site, I feel compelled to answer!

Sasensei is a question based learning system that rewards players for answering (and submitting) high quality questions relating to SAS software.  Tags include hash tables, data step, proc sql, administration, viya, formats, and more.

Every question comes with an explanation, so you can learn something about SAS whether you get it right or wrong.

As you play you gain reputation, which demonstrates your SAS prowess, and unlocks later levels (like multiplayer, or the quiz builder).

It's essentially a quiz game for SAS - free to play, and lots of fun (if you're that way inclined).  https://sasensei.com

/Allan

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs