BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gmbaker
SAS Employee

Visit the SAS Global Forum website to download the app.

Use the app to navigate the conference, network with other attendees, play the app game to win great prizes, build your agenda, and so much more. 

Gail Baker
SAS
65 REPLIES 65
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I'm in (using the Android app)!  Now I just need some friends in the Networking section.

Screenshot (Mar 17, 2016 12-47-15 PM).png

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content! Submit your proposals before Sept 16. Accepted presenters get amazing perks to attend the conference!
nancy88wilson
Fluorite | Level 6
I'm in! I see you - but I have not yet figured out how to send a message or make a connection!
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Go to Networking and either search for people or click on Everyone in the bottom right corner. When you click on a person you can then send them a message, request a meeting invite etc. I've sent you a message Smiley Happy

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
jwaller
Obsidian | Level 7
Great minds think alike, Michelle.

Jenn
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Funny we both replied @jwaller! I was curious about the icons and used them to work out what they were - would be useful to have some instructions or a "How To" on the app.

Cheers,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
gmbaker
SAS Employee

@MichelleHomes and @jwaller, the how to use video on the mobile app is coming soon. It is in editing as we speak. 

Gail Baker
SAS
jwaller
Obsidian | Level 7
You are always one step ahead of us @gmbaker! Looking forward to seeing the video.

I am in 3rd on the leaderboard in the app game, @MichelleHomes. I doubt I will maintain my ranking and fully expect to drop as other attendees begin to use the app. But it is a fun way to connect before, during and after the conference!
nancy88wilson
Fluorite | Level 6
Challenge accepted 😉
LoriGoldman
Obsidian | Level 7

@jwaller - How do you find the app game.  I have twelve icons on my iphone app home page and none of them are for the App Game.  I didn't see it underr the Event Resources or Social icons.  Where is it hiding?

Thank you,

Lori

jwaller
Obsidian | Level 7
There are more icons is you swipe to the second page. The App Game is on the second page with a couple other resource icons.
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Thanks @gmbaker! I saw the Videos area in the app and the are How-To Videos which are SAS Global Forum 2015 related videos. I'm guessing they're simply placeholders until the 2016 videos are ready.

The app's functionality and features have come a long way from the first conference with a mobile app. Great work!

LoriGoldman
Obsidian | Level 7
I echo that suggestion
LoriGoldman
Obsidian | Level 7

I can't find anyone in the Networking widget.  When I open the widget and click on Everyone in the lower right hand corner I get a pop up "No Results found".

If I enter the last name of someone I know has registered and is attending AND has downloaded and signed into the mobile app on his phone, and hit SEARCH (bottom middle), I still get the "No Results Found."

How do I find my friends who are attending and how is it beneficial to use the app to connect with them?

I also tried clicking on "Interests" in the upper right.  I then selected an interest and his search - I still got "No Results Found".  I tried several different interestes with no luck.

Am I doing something wrong?

Please advise,

Thank you

Thank you,

Lori

jwaller
Obsidian | Level 7
@LoriGoldman

One thing that worked for me regarding the session issue is to log out of the app and then log back in. It then "refreshes" itself. To log out click on the My Event widget in the middle of the screen under the Sessions widget. Then click on Settings at the bottom of the list. Under Accounts click on your userid. The app will ask if your want to log out. Click okay and then reenter your userid and password.

Let me know if this helps. Sometimes logging out and logging back in is needed because of cached data in the ether somewhere.

Jenn

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
Discussion stats