BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
My question pertains to SAS 9.1 and the Enterprise Business Intelligence (EIB) platform. Please excuse me if I did not submit my question within the correct Forum.

Are Information Maps (IMAP) required to access OLAP cube data within the following interfaces:

Enterprise Guide?
Web Report Studio?
Web OLAP Viewer (Java)?

Thanks in advance.

Dave A...
5 REPLIES 5
UCFAngel
Obsidian | Level 7
You can open a SAS OLAP cube directly in Enterprise Guide and the Web OLAP Viewer (Java). You can also open a cube in the Add-In to Microsoft Office but it opens as a pivot table in SAS 9.1.3.

For Web Report Studio, I've had to create an information map for report development.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you for the information - especially the behavior within MS Office.

Dave...
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Dave.

My Understanding is.

You can only use Information Maps with WRS. So yes an IMAP is required when using a cube in WRS.

EG -> Olap cubes can be used without IMAPs

Web OLAP -> Can be used With out a user defined IMAP (If using Data Exploration one is Auto generated I think)
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Barry -

I will look into the "Data Exploration" mode within Web OLAP Viewer - where an IMAP is auto generated (as you mentioned).

Thanks for your help!!

Dave...
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear Web Report Studio Users,

In order to make SAS Web Report Studio (WRS) a better reporting tool, WRS will be conducting a few different usability tests on future design prototypes. We would love to get feedback on these designs from WRS users. In order to set up these tests, please take a five minute survey so we can place you in the appropriate usability test.

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s/145908/wrsquestionnaire

Future usabiltiy tests will be conducted within the new SAS support site WRS forum.

If you have any questions or encounter technical difficulties, please contact Jennifer Cowley at jennifer.cowley@sas.com.

Many thanks,
SAS Web Report Studio Usability

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation