BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JohnH
Fluorite | Level 6

When I try to create a stored process in EG4.2, it works.  My valid connection to the BI Platform is authenticated through the Windows active directory at our site.  I am never asked for ID and password.  But, when I try to create the same stored process using EG4.3, the UserID/Password window pops up.  I fill it in and it rejects me with the following error: "ConnectionFactory Failed to return a valid connection".  Any ideas??

5 REPLIES 5
michaeljackson
Calcite | Level 5

just ran into the same issue ... Did you find a solution?

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

It maybe due to some compatibility issue in between releases, SAS tech support will offer the final say on this one. But if you just want to make it work, you can choose to extract the SAS code from the problematic STP and make a new one in your new environment.

Good luck,

Haikuo

michaeljackson
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the info.  That may be my issue as I'm using a combination of 9.3 and 9.4  I'm new to SAS ... how do I manually create a stored proc?  Alternatively, is there an example stored proct which SAS ships with?  I just want to see if I can run a stored proc via SAS Integration Technologies.

Haikuo
Onyx | Level 15

You will need EG to create a STP, and by following the screen instructions, it is fairly straightforward if you know EBI environment concept, such as metadata server, store process server etc.

So when open up a program editor in EG,

Capture.PNG

Click 'Create' stored process, and following through the options / instructions.

Haikuo

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Aside EGuide you can use SMC or any other tool that fits into that STP creation.  A stp is a sas-source that is stored somewhere (os or metadata) and can be run be a WS or STP in the new style STP as of 9.2 and up.  There are sample coming in for SP's, often got disabled during installation of the SAS environment.

Would not use this old thread. There original issue is an identification authentication issue (part of technical installation/configuration). That is going all over all tiers (desktop/server).

---->-- ja karman --<-----

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation