BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
juanvg1972
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

I am installing SAS/EG to work in sas ondemand for academics environment.

Is it possible to install it in a 4.6 .net framework?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

I thought the benefit of On Demand was the lack of installation. You log in and use servers set up in NC via SAS. 

juanvg1972
Pyrite | Level 9

I know that I can work without installation, but I prefer to work in a SAS/EG cliente environment, because I want to get used ti the environment that I will have in companys or instiutions. Companies doesn't work in a web-based environemt.

It's importante for me to know if it is possible ti install SAS/EG client with 4.6 framework,

Reeza
Super User

I know of at least two companies with over 100+ users each that are switching to SAS Studio. 

Knowing SAS Studio isn't necessarily a disadvantage, in fact for some places it may be an advantage.

The logic of programming is generally the same if your on EG or Base or Studio. 

The big difference is do you program, or use the EG tasks or Studio Snippets/Tasks. 

CaseySmith
SAS Employee

Hi @juanvg1972,

Yes, EG OnDemand for Academics is supported with .NET Framework 4.6.  However, the installer might unnecessarily require .NET Framework 4.5.1 to be on the machine at install time (won't proceed if it doesn't find it).  If that is the case, and you only have .NET 4.6 on the machine, (and willing to go through the trouble), you should be able to safely temporarily install .NET Framework 4.5.1, install EG OnDemand for Academics, then uninstall .NET Framework 4.5.1 and EG OnDemand for Academics would automatically use .NET Framework 4.6 instead.

Casey

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation