BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Satora_In
Quartz | Level 8

Satora_In_0-1712230896607.png

Dear all,

When I open my SASApp, I see this error. But I don't how to fix it, maybe do you have a solution?

SASapp2 server it's working

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Satora_In
Quartz | Level 8

Я решил проблему с помощью команды chmod
и правильно настроил каталог home где у меня был юзер chmod user direction -r

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi there.

Unfortunately we cannot see the full message of the error. If you can share more information, it would help.

This being said, it could be a problem of port numbers (network & firewalls), or  permissions or anything.

I would like to suggest you to check the logs of the Object Spawner that spawns your SASApp Workspace Server, for more information, and try to run the WorkspaceServer.bat WorkspaceServer.sh executable from your server machine.

Best regards,

Juan

Satora_In
Quartz | Level 8

error the launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible SASUSER library.

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

That helps.

It seems to me as the user does not have permission to their expected SASUSER library.

The SASAdmin should look into granting the right permissions to the expected folder.

Satora_In
Quartz | Level 8

But I have SASUSER

Satora_In_0-1712232248795.png

SASKiwi
PROC Star

That's the SASUSER metadata group which has nothing to do with the SASUSER library and the permissions required for the folder it is using. Talk to your SAS administrator to get this fixed.

Satora_In
Quartz | Level 8

Администратор незнает, как найти эту библиотеку SASUSER

Satora_In
Quartz | Level 8

How to find this library SASUSER

Satora_In
Quartz | Level 8

I am sas admins. but i don't know how to fix

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Satora_In wrote:

Did it ever work?  If not open a ticket with SAS support and they can help you get it installed properly.

If yes then what changed.

Since the normal place for a SASUSER libref to point is a subdirectory of the user's home directory check their home directory first.  Is the operating system on the machine were "SASAPP" runs setup properly.  Does the user have a home directory? Is it mounted properly?  Do they have write access?  Is there space on the volume where the directory lives?  Do you have disk quotes enabled?  Has the user exceeded their quota on that disk?

Personally I normally run my SAS programs with the system option -RSASUSER to avoid the problem of getting inconsistent environment when I run multiple SAS sessions at once.  THe first one will get write access to the files in the SASUSER libref and the ones that start later won't.  Since there is no good reason to ever store anything in the SASUSER library it is better to just make it readonly for every sessions so they will all behave the same.  To do that for SASAPP process you might have to change something in the setup since that option can only be set at initialization.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@Satora_In wrote:

This is a contradiction in itself. As a SAS admin, you know where you put the libraries of your users, and how to deal with permission issues in the operating system. It's part of the job.

With your limited skills, you're best off asking for help at SAS technical support.

Satora_In
Quartz | Level 8

This is a user related issue because when I log in as another user everything works for me

Satora_In
Quartz | Level 8
Can you show me with screenshots?
Satora_In
Quartz | Level 8
How to find this library SASUSER

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation