BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Satora_In
Obsidian | Level 7

How to find this library SASUSER

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

@Satora_In wrote:

How to find this library SASUSER

Log in as a user that works and check where the libref SASUSER is pointing.  Run something like:

%put %sysfunc(pathname(sasuser));

You should see something like:

/home/username/sasuser.v94

So check location that would become if you change the usernames.  Make sure that such a directory exists and that it is writable by the intended user.

Usually when we have this problem is caused by:

1) The system admins not creating the userid properly so that they don't have a home directory

2) The mounting of the home directory not working.  THey can usually just restart the automount process and it will start working.

3) The user deleted the directory or changed the permissions.

Satora_In
Obsidian | Level 7

How to solve this problem, but I can’t check the path from a user that doesn’t work for me

Satora_In
Obsidian | Level 7

Apparently the path is not specified correctly. How can I indicate the path to the user?

Satora_In
Obsidian | Level 7

I deleted and added a user several times, perhaps because of this the home directory disappeared

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Internally, te operating system identifies the user with a number, not the name. Unless you explicitly specify that number when you create the user, the system will assign it randomly.

So you get an existing directory with the permissions assigned to the old number, and the newly created user can't write to it.

Make up a rule for mapping usernames to numbers to avoid this.

Satora_In
Obsidian | Level 7

Я решил проблему с помощью команды chmod
и правильно настроил каталог home где у меня был юзер chmod user direction -r

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

SAS Enterprise Guide vs. SAS Studio

What’s the difference between SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio? How are they similar? Just ask SAS’ Danny Modlin.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 in conversation