BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fuhgidabowit
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm trying to classify several text documents into a binary target using the SAS Text Miner.

I used the Data Partition, Text Parsing and Text Filtering Node to clean up the text data.

For preprocessing, I found out that the text cluster with a neural net gives me the best predictions. However I want to "boost" predictive power using proc NEURAL. According to my understanding, the neural net node only uses 1 layer with max 64 nodes but I want to make the net "deep" with more layers which I could setup using proc NEURAL.

Is it therefore somehow possible using a CNN or even a RNN using Enterprise Miner software?

If not, is it possible to test the SAS Visual Analytics software on a local machine which supports these algorithms?

Thanks,

KS

1 REPLY 1
RussAlbright
SAS Employee

Hi KS,

No the cnn and rnn actions are not available in  Enterprise Miner, but  a multi-layer network should be available. Did you click on the "..."  button to the right of the "Network" property. I believe there is a setting for number of hidden layers there.

Russ 

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation