BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fuhgidabowit
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm trying to classify several text documents into a binary target using the SAS Text Miner.

I used the Data Partition, Text Parsing and Text Filtering Node to clean up the text data.

For preprocessing, I found out that the text cluster with a neural net gives me the best predictions. However I want to "boost" predictive power using proc NEURAL. According to my understanding, the neural net node only uses 1 layer with max 64 nodes but I want to make the net "deep" with more layers which I could setup using proc NEURAL.

Is it therefore somehow possible using a CNN or even a RNN using Enterprise Miner software?

If not, is it possible to test the SAS Visual Analytics software on a local machine which supports these algorithms?

Thanks,

KS

1 REPLY 1
RussAlbright
SAS Employee

Hi KS,

No the cnn and rnn actions are not available in  Enterprise Miner, but  a multi-layer network should be available. Did you click on the "..."  button to the right of the "Network" property. I believe there is a setting for number of hidden layers there.

Russ 

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation