BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
harsh0404
Fluorite | Level 6

I am trying to find customer future value. I am using a very simple formula here. cfv for year 1 = yearly gross margin or profit * probability of retention. Now if I want to find cfv for year 2, then its the same formula but I want to find out probability of retention of customer in year 2. How do I do it?
I could assume probability of retention is constant but in my survival analysis it follows a non linear curve. So its definitely not constant. Most customers drop by year 1, 2 , 3 and then it becomes constant.
Here my target variable is if customer churned or not. I got probability of retention from modelling results.

1 REPLY 1
Reeza
Super User

Wouldn't you get the retention (survival/failure rate) from your survival analysis and apply it to your data? PROC LIFETEST or PROC PHREG can give you the survival rates depending on the complexity of the model.

A lot of this depends on your data structure so if you show what you have and what you've done so far, we can probably recommend the next steps from there. 

@harsh0404 wrote:

I am trying to find customer future value. I am using a very simple formula here. cfv for year 1 = yearly gross margin or profit * probability of retention. Now if I want to find cfv for year 2, then its the same formula but I want to find out probability of customer in year 2. How do I do it?
I could assume probability of retention is constant but in my survival analysis it follows a non linear curve. So its definitely not constant. Most customers drop by year 1, 2 , 3 and then it becomes constant.
Here my target variable is if customer churned or not. I got probability of retention from modelling results.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation