BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BMI_kid
Fluorite | Level 6

BMI_kid_0-1698939796321.png

What does the warning mean? 

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Statistical-Procedures/How-do-I-solve-Negative-Binomial-convergence-p...

Also I believe the algorithm could have found a local optimum rather than a global optimum.

--
Paige Miller
BMI_kid
Fluorite | Level 6

Does it mean the response does not fit the specified distribution or is it something else. I am not sure I understand 'Lack of convergence.'

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Lack of convergence means that the g'H{inverse}g/abs(f) is not less than the tolerance set, which seems to be 1e-4 in this case. There are a lot of issues that can cause this - model misspecification relative to the data at hand, getting stuck in a local extremum (minimum or maximum) or even running up against a default number of iterations. I can't really tell from that particular output table, so a bit more info would help - the code for the PROC you are using and the LOG file, if there are any ERRORs, WARNINGs or NOTEs that relate to this.

SteveDenham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation