BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
BMI_kid
Fluorite | Level 6

BMI_kid_0-1698939796321.png

What does the warning mean? 

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

https://communities.sas.com/t5/Statistical-Procedures/How-do-I-solve-Negative-Binomial-convergence-p...

Also I believe the algorithm could have found a local optimum rather than a global optimum.

--
Paige Miller
BMI_kid
Fluorite | Level 6

Does it mean the response does not fit the specified distribution or is it something else. I am not sure I understand 'Lack of convergence.'

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Lack of convergence means that the g'H{inverse}g/abs(f) is not less than the tolerance set, which seems to be 1e-4 in this case. There are a lot of issues that can cause this - model misspecification relative to the data at hand, getting stuck in a local extremum (minimum or maximum) or even running up against a default number of iterations. I can't really tell from that particular output table, so a bit more info would help - the code for the PROC you are using and the LOG file, if there are any ERRORs, WARNINGs or NOTEs that relate to this.

SteveDenham

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
How to choose a machine learning algorithm

Use this tutorial as a handy guide to weigh the pros and cons of these commonly used machine learning algorithms.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation