BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
R_Chung
Quartz | Level 8

Hi, I am using sas 9.4 management console. I have deployed a job and seems in the "TriggerOptions", i cannot specific a time myself in the calandar name. There is only something like First_monday_of_month. How could I schedule the job with a specific time?

2017-04-24_120205.jpg -> 2017-04-24_121035.jpg

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
What scheduling server do you use?
Perhaps you could post some screen shots to clarify your steps.
Data never sleeps
R_Chung
Quartz | Level 8
done
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you tried entering a time in the hours and minutes boxes? For example if you want your job to run at 06:30 in the morning, put 6 into the hours box and 30 into the minutes box.

R_Chung
Quartz | Level 8
No, it doesnt have any changes on the interface. What I want is to custom the time to run the job, 2017-12-24, for instance
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean - "No, it doesnt have any changes on the interface". I use LSF and it has a very similar interface. Specifying the hours and minutes means that the job runs at that time of the day on every day matching the selected interval - for example every Monday or the first day of each month.

If you have a different requirement please explain - do you want different times on different days? 

R_Chung
Quartz | Level 8
Yes, it also has a very similar interface, specifying the hours and minutes means that the job runs at that time of the day on every day matching the selected interval - for example every Monday or the first day of each month. However, the one I want is that I want to choose a day and the time by myself, for example, this month I want 29/4(Sat)at 12:00 but next month I want 12/5(Fri) at 0900. I want to custom the date myself, not the time.
R_Chung
Quartz | Level 8
As I have researched, it can be done by command line,
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/etlug/68225/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p1jxhqhaz10gj2n1pyr0...

So, I guess there should be a place for me to custom a specific time on the management interface.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation