BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Kal_ETL
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello community, Maybe somebody has solved thi issue, if so, please share tips or solution. SAS administrator recently installed a SAS/SHARE server in a sas grid master node with Linux as OS. Now, from Data Management Studio 2.6 I tried to create a Data connection (it already has installed the SAS ODBC), following steps on this guide: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/odbcdref/63284/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p0cpyxc20b5ybin1o... Once data connection was created , I tried to expand the Data Connection in order to see the share library with datasets living there, however I got an error (attached image wiht error), and that error I can't find it in support or sas communities and that is why I am asking on the forum. It is important to mention that a REMOTE SAS/SHARE library was previously configured in SAS Management Console (screenshot attached). Also I added in ShareServer_usermods.sas file the definition of it as LIBNAME ST_SHR "/SASDATA/stg/data and services file (both in linux and windows) was modified as the above link mentioned. Main goal is that from Data Management Studio, I can add source and target tables to Dataflux jobs. Those target and source tables are in a library on the sas-linux environment, and with sas/share pretend to see them from Dataflux Datamanagement Studio on a windows environment. From client side if I ping to the server, it answer back without any issue. Or is there any another way to do this? Thank you in advanced.

1 REPLY 1
JBailey
Barite | Level 11

Hi @Kal_ETL 

Interesting question. I think you may want to contact SAS Tech Support and discuss this with them. That's probably the quickest path to resolution.

Best wishes,

Jeff

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

How to connect to databases in SAS Viya

Need to connect to databases in SAS Viya? SAS’ David Ghan shows you two methods – via SAS/ACCESS LIBNAME and SAS Data Connector SASLIBS – in this video.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation