BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
GoExplore
Obsidian | Level 7

When SAS MO process the leads, the control holdout leads of one communications can overlap to other communications.  However, what i want is, if a customer is selected on one control group he/she cannot be on another control group.  Is this possible from MO processing?

Customer selection on control group is very important from reporting perspective to measure campaign effectiveness.  

How can we pursue SAS R&D to look into this?  

2 REPLIES 2
PatriciaNeri
SAS Employee

Hello,

You are right, the control holdout leads of one communication can overlap to other communications.

In my experience, the overlapping rarely happened, especially if the percentages were 5%. There is more probability of overlapping if the percentages are higher. There must enough customers to satisfy your constraints and to be allocated to the hold out groups. If there are enough customers, I agree that it would be better not having overlap to measure campaign effectiveness.

The best way to ask SAS R&D to look into this is by entering your recommendation via the SASware Ballot  https://communities.sas.com/t5/SASware-Ballot-Ideas/idb-p/sas_ideas

Regards,

Patricia

GoExplore
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Patricia for the link.  I really hope R&D and Prod dev reviews it.

We use upto 10% control and this overlapping happens.  

How to improve email deliverability

SAS' Peter Ansbacher shows you how to use the dashboard in SAS Customer Intelligence 360 for better results.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation