BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ALTUJJAR
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm writing this message trying to tell you from my experience with the Based exam about  technical issues that you could might during your exam :

0- if you put more than 10 minutes waiting for the lab to upload (the upload juste at the start) it's better to close it and to try again because probably it won't work even after 15 minutes !.

1- When you use the top menu to reset the keyboard back to the language of the country in which you are taking your exam, be careful it can perfectly happen that it works badly and then you have to do it again every time you change the question

2- if  never meet a window which permanently appears, save your programme in the programs folder (that's was happened  with me and I've sent un email to certification@sas.com their answer was that it was indicated in the text of the question with the following screenshot: 

screenshot from actual exam removed by moderator

what hurts me is the fact that when they were able to put such important sentences as this in red why they didn't do it at the time of the exam, even my library has worked at the start but after sometime it was not the case I had to copy the pathe for each data to be able to use it in a proc or a data step !

3-Finally and one of the biggest defect is the fact that when you move from question to another you will only be able to go back at the end once you have finished all the questions but even at the end what will you see will be a table which contains only three questions whereas the questions that you had was much more than that, don't waste your time it's not the table that will allow you to go back or to review, There is a button at the far left down where it is mark review all even if you see such as table in front of your eyes 

Good luck for your exam .

4 REPLIES 4
Nietzsche
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

during my base exam, there was lots of connection towards the second half of the exam similar to these errors I have encountered in SAS studio on OnDemand.

If you are borderline on the passing the exam, having these errors occurs could mean a pass or a fail.

So it is really important that you absolutely know your stuff so that even with these errors occurring during the exam, it does not put you off your game and cause you to fail.

Not sure if you're allowed to appeal on technical issues if you fail due to connection errors like this.

SAS Base Programming (2022 Dec), Preparing for SAS Advanced Programming (Cancelled).
ALTUJJAR
Calcite | Level 5

it's true unless I don't use the advice requested when it blocked

Mark2010
SAS Employee

0 - If the lab fails to load immediately (rare), contact your proctor for resolution. The lab should load during the initial 10 minute (prior to the exam clock starting) introduction portion.

1 - True, if you have changed the keyboard language, you will need to reset it at the start of each project - 6 seconds required to do this. The method is in the introduction portion of the exam. 

2 - Sorry, but the screenshot was removed because it was actual exam content. The red text that the original poster refers to was present in the exam and not added later.

3 - I do prefer that it were possible to navigate backwards while in the projects section. But it isn't, and this is addressed with a message at the start of the exam. The button that the original poster refers to is in the lower left of the review page and reads "Review All" 

ALTUJJAR
Calcite | Level 5

thank you for the information

Thanks for the warning, but it must be said to you that if there was the slightest information which indicates a content in the exercises of the exam you would have yourself the prohibition to send such a capture and you will not have done it.

for the 2, sorry but I am perfectly able to distinguish red from black if the text was in the question it was absolutely not written in red
For the 3 it was not indicated anywhere either

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation