BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PrinceAde
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello everyone.

Please I need help!

Some of my colleagues took their base certification today. They have several complains, like libname statement issue, the libref they created will work for some programs, it would not work for others. Also when they tried to open the Error programs in the windowing env, it will take them to the sas enterprise guide which they are not familiar with.

Are these cases of glitches? How can this challenges be prevented.

I'm taking mine tomorrow.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
PrinceAde
Obsidian | Level 7

HI;

Please, I will also like to know if it is possible or advisable to save the sub folders; errors, input, output and programs into a new folder(that will be created by me)?

Mark2010
SAS Employee
Ok, so first and foremost, there is a confidentiality agreement, we don't talk exam content with each other, right?

That said, if someone had problems with their library assignments working sometimes and not others, that's on them and not a glitch.

Regarding opening an error program in your desired SAS application and not the default EG, open it from that application. Windows can only associate a file type with one application, and SAS studio runs in the browser, that's not an option.

Just save your files to the designated locations. No benefit to putting them somewhere else.

Sorry if I'm a little short, I'm on mobile.
PrinceAde
Obsidian | Level 7

@Mark2010 Okay sir. I have read previous comment here, the problem with the glitches appears to do with read only files, or something like that.

Thank you.

Mark2010
SAS Employee
Read only files are there to protect candidates from themselves, do a mistake doesn't corrupt the source data. You've always got the source to go back to. Also, as a coder, you really want to not ever modify your source data, ever.
We talk about this in the A00-231 Tips & Strategies article, I trust you have seen that?
PrinceAde
Obsidian | Level 7

@Mark2010  Yes, I have seen it thank you.

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation