BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Uma_Devi
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi;

May I know if I can access the sas datasets as well as the SAS program files with errors and excel data set - all of them with the libname statement made to access the folder in the C drive ?? Please let me know. If I use SAS studio do I need to give the libname statement for every new program that I create or just giving it once sufficient ? Can I switch between SAS studio and SAS 9.4 during the exam? 

I am reasonaly prepared to take the test. My main worry is whether I would be successful in accessing the files .

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark2010
SAS Employee

You can switch User Interfaces during the exam. It is important to close the first before opening the second.

I think that the nature of your question regarding file access and libraries shows some possible misunderstandings in what libraries are used for. Libraries are needed to access data, not program files. You may want to spend more time reviewing libraries ahead of the exam.

More on Libraries:

Also, SAS in the exam is regular SAS software. So establishing a library once makes it available for the duration of the SAS session.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mark2010
SAS Employee

You can switch User Interfaces during the exam. It is important to close the first before opening the second.

I think that the nature of your question regarding file access and libraries shows some possible misunderstandings in what libraries are used for. Libraries are needed to access data, not program files. You may want to spend more time reviewing libraries ahead of the exam.

More on Libraries:

Also, SAS in the exam is regular SAS software. So establishing a library once makes it available for the duration of the SAS session.

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation