BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
HeidiDT
Quartz | Level 8

Good day

I passed my SAS Base Programming for SAS 9 and SAS Advanced Programming for SAS 9 exams in 2008, will they still be valid? I know at some point it changed: "The SAS Global Certification Program now issues versioned credentials that do not expire", but I don't know if that was the case in 2008?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark2010
SAS Employee

Hi HeidiDT,

If your credential contains a version in the title, such as 'for SAS 9' then it does not expire and you do not have to retest. Earlier credentials that did not specify a version were the only ones that expired.

In fact, under current policy, you could not retest because once you have passed an exam, you cannot take it again.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RW9
Diamond | Level 26 RW9
Diamond | Level 26

I don't see why not, we still use version 9 of SAS, there have been some minor version updates but nothing to big.  Is it for a job interview?  Personally I wouldn't look at academic achievements, demonstratable skills and personal skills are more important.  Most jobs in my field that I have seen have some sort of SAS tests or checks.

HeidiDT
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks. Certification is a part of my team's strategy for the next financial year, and as I already have my SAS certification I just wanted to know whether I would have to retake an exam in order to retain my certification.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Just FYI: I have no SAS credentials at all. Apart from running the data warehouse for the local branch of a major international insurance company, I have been interviewed for jobs by the likes of Coca-Cola Company etc.

I gave a presentation recently for the local SAS branch, and my merits here can be openly looked at.

So that should put the need for SAS credentials into perspective.

HeidiDT
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks. As stated: this is part of my team's strategy for the year, more to ensure that everyone is on the same skills level. I am not advocating the need for certification in this post, simply enquiring whether mine will still be valid 🙂

Mark2010
SAS Employee

Hi HeidiDT,

If your credential contains a version in the title, such as 'for SAS 9' then it does not expire and you do not have to retest. Earlier credentials that did not specify a version were the only ones that expired.

In fact, under current policy, you could not retest because once you have passed an exam, you cannot take it again.

Hope that helps.

HeidiDT
Quartz | Level 8

Thanks very much Mark

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation