BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
beccagre
SAS Moderator

The SAS Global Certification program recently released a suite of credentials in the Data Science area. These three credentials are designed for individuals who can manipulate and gain insight from big data with a variety of SAS and open source tools, make business recommendations with complex machine learning models, and then deploy models at scale using the flexible, robust SAS environment. When a candidate has earned the Big Data Professional and the Advanced Analytics Professional credentials, they are automatically awarded the Data Scientist credential.

SAS Certified Big Data Professional Using SAS 9

SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional Using SAS 9

SAS Certified Data Scientist Using SAS 9

Check out the SAS Global Certification website for full details.

9 REPLIES 9
billchenxi
Calcite | Level 5

Is there a way that we students can learn free for these credentials? I would really want to learn!

Bill

beccagre
SAS Moderator
Hello Bill,

Thanks for your question. The curriculum SAS offers in support of the suite of credentials in the Data Science area are on par with many of the Master's degree programs in Data Science that are now being offered at many colleges and universities. Therefore, SAS does not really have a free training path. However, if you are a student, you can take the Data Science Academy for a 50% discount.

In addition, SAS is starting to make our program materials available to university professors, so schools can begin to offer these same courses.

I hope this helps to answer your question. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me via email directly.

Kindest regards,

Becky Gray

billchenxi
Calcite | Level 5

Can you offer the material to me also? I am a master student in statistics department in UofKY. Apparently there's no professor I know here have that access. 

billchenxi
Calcite | Level 5

my email is billchenxi@uky.edu, thanks a lot!

beccagre
SAS Moderator

Thanks Bill,

Right now, I only know of SAS providing materials directly to professors who are launching Data Science programs within their colleges or universities.  We do offer individual students that 50% discount on the Data Science curriculum that would help you prepare to sit for the exams.  Also, the SAS Certification Program does not require that you take the training before you attempt any of our exams, however, we strongly recommend training as a preparation path.  I will make some additional inquiries on your behalf and get back to you or have someone from the academy program contact your directly.  Thank you again for your questions. 

Becky

sasuser19840
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Becky,

I am looking for e-learning course on the below two courses. Can you kindly assist?

1. SAS Advanced Predictive Modeling (exam ID A00-225)

2. SAS Text Analytics, Time Series, Experimentation and Optimization (exam ID AOO-226)

I am from Sydney, Australia.

If there are no e-learning sessions, what are the learning path that I should opt for these certifications?

Kind Regards,

Shree

Mark2010
SAS Employee

Shree,

Currently, there is not eLearning for the subjects covered on these exams, sorry. The exam prep tab on the certification pages lists the publicly available training options for each exam.

So, for A00-225, courses are listed here: http://support.sas.com/certify/creds/aap2.html#s1=3 (One course in this series, the PMLR course, is available as eLearning)

and for A00-226, courses are listed here: http://support.sas.com/certify/creds/aap3.html#s1=3

Sincerely,

Mark

AndrewY
Calcite | Level 5

Certified Advanced Analytics Professional is interesting. It seems this is based on 9 courses according to the website. Being self-paced courses this may be hard to tell, but is there a rough estimate how much time would be required for each subcourse completion?

This would help a lot to plan progress/completion.

Thanks!

beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello, 

Please check out the Advanced Analytics Professional web page for all the latest details:  https://www.sas.com/en_us/training/academy-data-science/advanced-analytics-certification.html#predic...

According to our training site the 9 online courses you mention are 210 hours worth of content.  You can get the 9 courses along with a 12 month learning subscription with unlimited access and three certification exam vouchers for a package deal which is highlighted on the site.  

We highly recommend that you build in time for additional practice after the training and before you sit for any of the exams.  We recommend 3-6 months of experience.  

I hope this helps.   

Best of luck to your in your study endeavors! 

Becky

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation