BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Feddy
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello,

I scheduled for Base sas certification next weekend,still I'm confussed with syllabus which covered for the certification.Can any assist brief on the syllabus.

regards, 

Deepak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark2010
SAS Employee

Our certification web page has recently undergone a redesign. Each credential has its own page (for Base Programmer, it is here: https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/credentials/foundation-tools/base-programmer.html ). This page lists the basics of the exam, such as number of questions, passing score, time, exam number, pricing. For every exam, this will also link to an exam content guide (The Base Programmer content guide is here: https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/exam-content-guides/base-programming.html ). The initial HTML page lists the objectives, you will see questions on all objectives on your exam. For a more detailed explanation, there is a link to a downloadable pdf file that expands on these objectives to further explain the domain of knowledge and skills that you should have before you sit for your exam.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Please, try to more specific. What kind of information doesn't you understand, or you feel is missing?

Also, from the Certification pages there are contact information, where you can post your questions directly to appointed staff.

Data never sleeps
Feddy
Obsidian | Level 7
My question is clear from where I get the updated base sas syllabus.

##- Please type your reply above this line. Simple formatting, no
attachments. -##
Mark2010
SAS Employee

Our certification web page has recently undergone a redesign. Each credential has its own page (for Base Programmer, it is here: https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/credentials/foundation-tools/base-programmer.html ). This page lists the basics of the exam, such as number of questions, passing score, time, exam number, pricing. For every exam, this will also link to an exam content guide (The Base Programmer content guide is here: https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/exam-content-guides/base-programming.html ). The initial HTML page lists the objectives, you will see questions on all objectives on your exam. For a more detailed explanation, there is a link to a downloadable pdf file that expands on these objectives to further explain the domain of knowledge and skills that you should have before you sit for your exam.

Feddy
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I went through the details and sucessfullly passed Base sas certification.Thanks for your valuable comments

Regards,

Deepak

BHARAT_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you. It is really helpful for me as i am learning SAS, also want to get certified so now i can channelise my efforts according to syllabus.

SheilaSR
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi @Mark2010,

Thanks for this helpful information!

Based on the exam content guide from the website, my impression is that the material covered on the base certification exam does not include the information from the following lessons from the e-learning course SAS Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques:

Lesson 11: An Introduction to the SQL Procedure

Lesson 12: An Introduction to the SAS Macro Facility

and possibly

Lesson 10: Creating and Maintaining Permanent Formats?

Is it possible to confirm if this is correct?

Thank you in advance!

Sheila

BHARAT_SAS
Obsidian | Level 7

hi,

click on link given  in above anwser, there you can find syllabus for base sas certification.

SheilaSR
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Thanks for your reply! I agree- I found the syllabus very helpful, I was just hoping to see if I could get clarification about the difference between what is listed in the syllabus and some of the material that is covered in the  e-learning courses that are also recommended as preparation for the exam. But the material I mentioned from the e-learning course is not listed in the syllabus, so its sounds like its reasonable to assume it won't be on the exam.

Thanks for your reply!

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 5 in conversation