BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sas_learner_NEW
Fluorite | Level 6

libname cert 's:/workshop';

I'm preparing for the base sas certification. Can anyone please help me with the code above.

I'm getting below error

libname cert 's:/workshop';
NOTE: Library CERT does not exist.

As I am going through the practice questions please help me on how to access the data file in lib.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you are using SAS via SAS/Studio interface then the files need to be on the machine where SAS is running, not the machine where you are running the browser you are using to connect to SAS/Studio.

SAS/Studio has a file upload feature.  Use that to upload files.  You might need to first create a directory to mimic the structure the SAS code wants.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mark2010
SAS Employee
You may have a couple things going on here that are causing problems.

What lab environment are you using (the lab provided with the exam, on demand for Academics, your own install?)

The is a PDF included in the practice exam (must access before you start the exam) that explains how to access data on the different lab versions. Start with that.
sas_learner_NEW
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks for your reply.

Download the zip file and saved in C drive and I'am using the sas studio
using the link provided in sas website as part of additional training tools.

https://www.sas.com/en_us/software/on-demand-for-academics.html

Please help me on this code . Thanks.

libname cert 'c:\cert\input';

libname cert 'c:\cert\input';
NOTE: Library CERT does not exist.

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

If you are using SAS via SAS/Studio interface then the files need to be on the machine where SAS is running, not the machine where you are running the browser you are using to connect to SAS/Studio.

SAS/Studio has a file upload feature.  Use that to upload files.  You might need to first create a directory to mimic the structure the SAS code wants.

Mark2010
SAS Employee
Yes, what Tom said. The instructions for loading the data and creating the libraries is in the PDF file that is part of the practice exam.

At the same time, make sure that you understand how libraries work before you take the practice exam. All of your preparation (learning SAS and studying the content guide) should be complete before you take the practice exam, which should be the final step before you take the actual exam. Don't take the practice exam as part of the 'learning SAS' portion of your preparation.

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation