BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10 fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Dear Community!

We found  "Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving" to be a great introduction to the key idea of statistics. We would like to take new people to take the corresponding exam (JMP Associate).

Is there any material available for preparing this exam? I did not find any prep exam mentioned on the correponding web page. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Cheers

fja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello, 

There will not be an immediate replacement for this credential but as I said, once you've earned it, it does not expire and you will get a badge for earning it. The JMP exams will be undergoing a review in 2023. As far as the practice exam goes, for this exam, there was never a practice exam available. However, we did provide a comprehensive set of sample questions that cover the topics on the exam and give you a feel for the types of questions you should expect to see on the exam. 

Hope this helps to clarify a bit. 

Kind regards, 

Becky

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello, 

Please check out our certification pages for this particular JMP exam at:  https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/credentials/jmp/jmp-statistical-thinking.html

If you are interested in the exam make sure you download the exam content guide.  We also provide a pdf of sample questions.  There is a note on the page that the certification exam is being retired on December 31st 2022 so if you are interested in certifying you should take the exam before the close of this year.  We have a 55% discount running until December 15th right now so it's a great time to take the exam.  Despite the retirement of the exam, the certification is valid and never expires. 

Hope this helps! 

Kind regards, 

Becky 

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@beccagre wrote:

[...]   https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/credentials/jmp/jmp-statistical-thinking.html

[...]

If you are interested in the exam make sure you download the exam content guide.  We also provide a pdf of sample questions.  There is a note on the page that the certification exam is being retired on December 31st 2022 [...]

Hello Becky!

Thank you for your reply. I know that page - of course - but I did not see the retirement remark. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

The retirement might be the reason why there is no prep exam available.

Question about the Exam: Will there be a replacement for the certificate? 

Cheers

fja

beccagre
SAS Moderator

Hello, 

There will not be an immediate replacement for this credential but as I said, once you've earned it, it does not expire and you will get a badge for earning it. The JMP exams will be undergoing a review in 2023. As far as the practice exam goes, for this exam, there was never a practice exam available. However, we did provide a comprehensive set of sample questions that cover the topics on the exam and give you a feel for the types of questions you should expect to see on the exam. 

Hope this helps to clarify a bit. 

Kind regards, 

Becky

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@beccagre wrote:

he JMP exams will be undergoing a review in 2023.

Thank you Becky!

As pointed out above it is more meant as a way to get new employees getting familiar with statistics. 

I am looking forward to see the revised cert in '23 ... 

--fja

fja
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Update:
I took the JMP Associate ... actually just because I liked the course so much (and I solemnly believe that it is an excellent starting point). I can confirm that the sample questions are pretty comprehensive and reflect the degree of difficulty to expect well. So I think, one does not need a prep exam for preparation.

Just one remark: The interactive/practice part is surprisingly large, so one should not expect a standard multiple choice test. (This is as of Dec '22, the exam will undergo a review, see @beccagre above).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
FJa

PS: Yes, I did succeed. 😉

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation