BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
reachblesson
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Do we have to name the new SAS dataset exactly how it is in the program question or can we put any short names and focus on finding the results and answer the questions.

9 REPLIES 9
shelby62b
Obsidian | Level 7
Just tested and passed. To answer your question specifically, I don’t recall seeing that it matters - providing the requested answers is the important part. Regardless, using the names is not challenging.
reachblesson
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you so much for your quick response. Also do we have to save the programs with the names mentioned in the question as long as we answer the questions correctly
shelby62b
Obsidian | Level 7
Your’e quite welcome. I started out saving everything just like they asked, and don’t think I was saving anything by the end. Also, I found the practice test useful. Test seemed true to the Content Guide, meaning familiarity with the material is your friend. While you can access the SAS docs, don’t plan on it. Save that for if you have a brain cramp.
Mark2010
SAS Employee

I like @shelby62b comments. Also, let me link to this Tips and Strategies article, with a quick related quote from it:

Stay organized. There are instructions in the exam to save each program you write before moving to the next project. Do this. Writing all of your code in one big file may feel like a time saver, but it's not. As you build up code, it gets difficult to manage and submit sections and things get all gummed up - causing more stress. Save the program, take a breath, and then start a new file for the next project.

reachblesson
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you Mark for your response and time.

reachblesson
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Mark,

For the OnVUE online proctored exam, can we use a large external monitor connected to the laptop while disconnecting the display of the laptop screen and using only the display of the external monitor. Will that be allowed?

Thank you!

Blesson

dgritt
Obsidian | Level 7

@reachblesson - refer to my response in your thread

Mark2010
SAS Employee

We have asked Pearson VUE for more details, and if they provide a response, we will post it here. For questions about a specific Online Proctoring questions unique to your situation, I recommend reaching out to Pearson VUE directly via the chat functionality that is available at: https://home.pearsonvue.com/sas/onvue 

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation