BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
fatemeh
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I  working through the SAS Programming 1: Essentials training. I am using SAS University Edition. I am trying to set up my practice files. I am using the instructions provided for instructions for free software from SAS using SAS University Edition: SAS Studio. I replaced the FILEPATH with the actual path for the folder. When I run the program, I get this error "Library PG1 does not exist.". I have seen answers for similar posts for SAS Enterprise Guide but I am unable to figure out for SAS University Edition. Please see the code below. I would really appreciate if someone can help with this.

%let path=C:\\Users\FATEMEH\Desktop\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\coursedata\EPG194;

2 REPLIES 2
Reeza
Super User

Reread the instructions on how to specify the file path. Or find the myfolders in SAS UE right click and select properties and copy the path. 

Basically, it’s not your c drive it should be 

/folders/myfolders/..

@fatemeh wrote:

Hi,

I  working through the SAS Programming 1: Essentials training. I am using SAS University Edition. I am trying to set up my practice files. I am using the instructions provided for instructions for free software from SAS using SAS University Edition: SAS Studio. I replaced the FILEPATH with the actual path for the folder. When I run the program, I get this error "Library PG1 does not exist.". I have seen answers for similar posts for SAS Enterprise Guide but I am unable to figure out for SAS University Edition. Please see the code below. I would really appreciate if someone can help with this.

%let path=C:\\Users\FATEMEH\Desktop\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders\coursedata\EPG194;

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
You CANNOT use a C: drive location with SAS University Edition. As @Reeza suggests, it is always a good idea to look for your EPG194 folder in the Server Files and Folders pane on the left side of SAS Studio, find the data subfolder. Then right click on the data subfolder and choose Properties. The Properties window should show you the location of data folder. On my system, after following all of the instructions to create my shared folder location AND then following all of the instructions to MAKE the data sets for class, my Windows location for the shared folder location is C:\SASUniversityEdition\myfolders and that translates to this alias or Unix location in SAS Studio:
/folders/myfolders (if I click on My Folders icon and look at Properties).

If I have created an EPG194 folder under My Folders by following the course instructions, then THAT location is:
/folders/myfolders/EPG194

And, then IF I have correctly made a data subfolder and run the data creation program successfully, my data subfolder will be populated with SAS data sets and looking at the data subfolder location (on my system) is:
/folders/myfolders/EPG194/data

Your location MIGHT be different, since I see you've made a subfolder called "coursedata" and then put EPG194 under that subfolder. Your data is in or should be in the data subfolder UNDER the EPG194  main folder.So I would expect your location, when you look at Properties to be something like:
/folders/myfolders/coursedata/EPG194/data

In our instructions for making the class data for SAS University Edition, we have 5 subfolders under the EPG194 main folder:
activities
demos
data
output
practices

If you do NOT have these 5 subfolders under your EPG194 folder, then please go back and follow the class instructions again, in the Course Overview and Data Setup section of the course to make the folders and the data for class.
Cynthia

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers
3 ways to show off your SAS skills

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation