BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ChumanD
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, 

SAS® Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS®9 page says:  

Candidates who earn this credential must have a SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS®9 credential 
and then take and pass the SAS Advanced Programming for SAS®9 exam.

But Base Programmer exam includes topics from:

While Clinical Trials Programmer exam includes topics from: 

Does that mean that I can take Clinical Trials Programmer first and then Advanced Programmer exams not having Base Programmer credential? 

Or, having a Clinical Trials credential, I have to take Base exam again to proceed with Advanced one?? 

Best Regards,

Dmitry

3 REPLIES 3
Mark2010
SAS Employee

Dmitry,

The Clinical Trials Programmer credential does not meet the prerequisite requirements for Advanced Programmer. Base Programmer is the prerequisite for Advanced.

Mark

ChumanD
Calcite | Level 5

Hello Mark,

But why? As I mentioned before, Clinical Programmer exam contains all the Base Programmer modules (and a few others).

Where is the logic here? 🙂

Kind Regards,

Dmitry

Mark2010
SAS Employee

Dmitry,

It is based on the depth and breadth of content coverage on the Base Programming exam. Even though the training listed may be the same, the exam topics have historically had some differences. There are not enough base programming questions contained within the Clinical Trials exam to warrant awarding the Base Programming credential for passing the the Clinical exam.

Mark

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation