BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dschmidt
Fluorite | Level 6

Can anyone confirm what resources are allowed to be used during the SBA exam? This would be my first exam, just trying to get a feel for how to study. E.g. I wouldn't spend as much time memorizing formulas if I'm not even allowed to use a pencil during the exam

Based on what I've read you're only allowed to have an ID when you're at a physical location, haven't seen much about online proctored exams though.

Some of the materials seem like they would require some pencil/paper/calculator work though.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark2010
SAS Employee

So, there are no pens/papers allowed during an Online Proctored exam, as there is no way for a proctor to collect them at the end of the exam session.

If a question requires a calculator, an onscreen calculator is provided within the question.

On performance-based exams, you would be able to use an application within the lab computer such as 'Notepad' to keep notes, but for standard exams such as SBA (Statistical Business Analyst), there is no lab to use.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
mkeintz
PROC Star

OK, I'll bite.  What's an "SBA exam"?  I am unaware of any such thing linked to sas.

--------------------------
The hash OUTPUT method will overwrite a SAS data set, but not append. That can be costly. Consider voting for Add a HASH object method which would append a hash object to an existing SAS data set

Would enabling PROC SORT to simultaneously output multiple datasets be useful? Then vote for
Allow PROC SORT to output multiple datasets

--------------------------
shelby62b
Obsidian | Level 7
It is hard to find, but this seems to apply to all exams, even the Statistical Business Analyst.

Is my workspace okay for testing?

A.During the check-in process, you will be asked to take photos of your work area, which will be checked by a proctor prior to exam launch. Please ensure that your desktop is clean and that you are not within arm’s reach of books, notepads, sticky notes, papers, pens, pencils, and other writing instruments/objects. Additional monitors and computers must be unplugged and turned off. Items on the wall with writing on them, such as whiteboards, will be inspected. If your workspace does not pass a room scan, you are not permitted to proceed with taking the exam.
dschmidt
Fluorite | Level 6
Sorry - shouldn't have tried to use an acronym. As others have mentioned - its for the "statistical business analyst" exam
Mark2010
SAS Employee

So, there are no pens/papers allowed during an Online Proctored exam, as there is no way for a proctor to collect them at the end of the exam session.

If a question requires a calculator, an onscreen calculator is provided within the question.

On performance-based exams, you would be able to use an application within the lab computer such as 'Notepad' to keep notes, but for standard exams such as SBA (Statistical Business Analyst), there is no lab to use.

dschmidt
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks! That helps alot!

Welcome to the Certification Community

This is a knowledge-sharing community for SAS Certified Professionals and anyone who wants to learn more about becoming SAS Certified. Ask questions and get answers fast. Share with others who are interested in certification and who are studying for certifications.To get the most from your community experience, use these getting-started resources:

Community Do's and Don'ts
How to add SAS syntax to your post
How to get fast, helpful answers

Why Get SAS Certified.jpg

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation