BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is locked. We are no longer accepting replies to this topic. Need further help? Please sign in and ask a new question.
csonnie
Calcite | Level 5

Hi SAS Community,

I was assuming that Virtual Lab 2 should be used when going through Lesson 4, but the Demo projects are not available and I had to create one from scratch. Should I be using  Virtual Lab 1? Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

Are you doing Neural Networks within the Advanced Analytics Professional level of the Data Science Academy? Or, are you working in the AI&ML level of the Data Science Academy?

If you are using THIS Neural Network Modeling class:

Cynthia_sas_0-1596208808563.png

Then the Virtual Lab is NOT numbered 2. There is only one Virtual Lab for the Advanced Analytics Professional set of 4 classes.

If you are working in the AI&ML level of the Academy, then Virtual Lab 2 is ONLY for the Deep Learning class:

Cynthia_sas_1-1596209033258.png

If you started from a FRESH image, there is nothing saved from previous sessions. If you are working in Lesson 4 on Tuning Neural Networks, then there are not any practices at the end of that section, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_2-1596209371628.png

Are you doing the demo in Lesson 4? The class instructor has been building demos throughout the other lessons. If you are working from a FRESH image, none of that demo work would have been done before Lesson 4.

At the top of the video, you can see a note that says "This demonstration proceeds from the previous one. Libraries and in-memory data used here are created and loaded in DLUS03D02."

Cynthia_sas_3-1596209601751.png

And if you print the demo steps, you see this:

Cynthia_sas_4-1596209758966.png

So if you are working in the Deep Learning class you can ONLY use Virtual Lab 2. The Virtual Lab 1 is used for the other 4 classes in the AI&ML Level.

I hope this helps explain that Virtual Lab 2 is the correct lab for the Deep Learning class.

Cynthia