BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is locked. We are no longer accepting replies to this topic. Need further help? Please sign in and ask a new question.
pbmi66
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Just logged into Education Gateway for the first time. SAS Studio appears to be working ok - except when I try to use CTRL-V to paste code into the program editor.

Any ideas?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
In the VLE, when you're in your class, underneath the Virtual Lab Reservation System pane, you should see a link for "Need Help" -- when you click this opens a track with our Virtual Lab support team. You should use that Need Help link to work directly with the support folks. Most of the issues happen when you use the wrong browser (we recommend Chrome, Firefox or IE to get into the VLE -- we recommend Chrome if you are working with SAS Viya on the image). It's possible that you were just using the wrong browser to access the Virtual Lab.

It is also useful to know EXACTLY which class you're working in. Most of the code for the classes is already loaded on the virtual lab image, so there's not as much need to copy and paste code from your local machine.

I encourage you to use the Need Help button to open a ticket directly with the team that supports the Virtual Lab and the SAS Education Gateway.
pbmi66
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Cynthia.

As an update, I'm in dialogue with the support team regarding this cut/paste issue - which is in fact not available within a Virtual Lab session.

Thank you for your response, Peter

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
You can copy and paste from within the Virtual Lab. So, for example, if you find a program on the 😧 drive of your Virtual Lab image, you can copy and paste code from that program which is INSIDE the Virtual Lab into a new program in SAS Studio.

But you are correct. You can't (for example) copy code from your personal computer using Ctrl+C and then do a Ctrl+V inside the Virtual Lab image. Copying and pasting into the Virtual Lab image is disabled. Sorry, your usage wasn't clear to me initially. I thought you mean that copy and paste within the image was not working. I did not understand that you meant copying from your machine into SAS Studio on the Virtual Lab image.

Most of the code you need (if it's long code) is provided in starter files that you can open in Notepad on the Virtual Lab image. When you are inside the SAS and Hadoop courses, there are .SAS programs on the 😧 drive. When you are inside the Predictive Modeling using Logistic Regression course, there are programs on the 😧 drive in the Virtual Lab image. Any other code that you want to use, if there's not a starter file, will need to be typed.

Cynthia