BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AnanthaC
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, 

I am currently undergoing 'Data Curation Professional' certification. I tried to login into SAS integration studio using the credentials in the activity. But am unable to. Please find the screenshot attached. I tried to edit the existing connection on 'My server' which has different login credentials, user name:student. The activity book says to login as 'Bruno' to access the files relevant to the exercise. Please help me resolve this issue. 

AnanthaC_0-1587109322017.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When I log onto the Virtual Lab, I did NOT need to go into CREATE PROFILE to do any thing. I wonder if somehow you started up the WRONG virtual lab. Here's my experience making a reservation and getting into thee Virtual Lab. Then I was able to log onto Data Integration Studio with the user ID of Bruno and password of Student1. (Remember that the userID and password are case sensitive.)

I didn't have any issues getting into Data Integration Studio. I made a YouTube video of my session: http://youtu.be/O0jetkDkhnI?hd=1  for students to review to be sure that you are following the same steps.

Please be sure that you are clicking the correct Open Lab button, as shown below:

correct_open_lab_dc.png

From your screen shot, it seems to me that you might have started the incorrect lab if the credentials for Bruno were not readily accepted.

Hope this helps,

cynthia

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Error clearly says that the issue is due to wrong ID/Password combination causing the user authentication to fail. Request you to cross check the ID/Pass shared.
AnanthaC
Calcite | Level 5
Yes I rechecked multiple times with the password and username. but still
unable to login.
I have used the username and password given in the activity book.

Regards,
Anantha Chandarla
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

When I log onto the Virtual Lab, I did NOT need to go into CREATE PROFILE to do any thing. I wonder if somehow you started up the WRONG virtual lab. Here's my experience making a reservation and getting into thee Virtual Lab. Then I was able to log onto Data Integration Studio with the user ID of Bruno and password of Student1. (Remember that the userID and password are case sensitive.)

I didn't have any issues getting into Data Integration Studio. I made a YouTube video of my session: http://youtu.be/O0jetkDkhnI?hd=1  for students to review to be sure that you are following the same steps.

Please be sure that you are clicking the correct Open Lab button, as shown below:

correct_open_lab_dc.png

From your screen shot, it seems to me that you might have started the incorrect lab if the credentials for Bruno were not readily accepted.

Hope this helps,

cynthia

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Thanks Cynthia. I think this is really good and will help the new users trying on first time SAS e-learning course to navigate quickly and setup their practice labs. (y)
Mojak
Calcite | Level 5
HI, I posted this on the other thread. HI Cynthia,
was reading through this thread to find answer re: virtual lab. I'm at that point in the activity. managed to get my reservation and aws session went on. But could not able to log on using Bruno's credentials. server port, when I looked at it seem to be alright (same as the one on the video). Also tried clicking on alternative gateway, but same error message. would you happen to have a solution? thanks
Mojak-Joel

---
I have done all that and when I reached the point of entering Bruno and Student1, that's when I get stuck. Made sure I had them right. and tried the "alternative gateway" but same.
Will reserve 1 again tonight and see how this goes

cheers
Mojak-Joel
Mojak
Calcite | Level 5
There you go guys, just got in there. reservation went ok.. log in went well 🙂 cheers! keep safe guys
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:
One quick way to see whether you are in the correct Virtual Lab. Bruno's credentials are set to work in Data Integration Studio 4.902. If you start Di Studio and you see 4.903, as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_2-1587317285006.png

then that is the WRONG Virtual Lab. Perhaps you clicked the wrong lab button to make your reservation. Just exit out of that lab and make a new reservation for the correct class.
Here are some screen shots to illustrate the wrong lab vs the right lab:
WRONG Lab:

Cynthia_sas_0-1587317044563.png

If the Lab window has the word "Additional" and you were trying to get the Lab for the SAS Data Management Tools and Applications lab, then the "Additional" Lab is the WRONG lab.

Note how Lab Reservation screen has title that matches class name. When you are making your reservation make sure that the class title matches in all 3 places as shown below:

Cynthia_sas_1-1587317125392.png

I'm glad you got in and finally got connected as Bruno.

Cynthia

AnanthaC
Calcite | Level 5
Thanks Cynthia. Was able to login through "open lab for this calss". Previously i tried to login through SAS tools and Application Lab for Lesson 2 that was created in my dashboard.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

The Dashboard is very attractive, sometimes too attractive. You should ALWAYS enter the Virtual Lab by making your reservation from the button that is in the course. Do NOT try to enter the Virtual Lab from your Dashboard icon. The JavaScript that makes the reservation and controls which image you get is ALWAYS controlled from INSIDE the course, not from the Dashboard.

Cynthia