BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is locked. We are no longer accepting replies to this topic. Need further help? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Natalizaguirre
Calcite | Level 5

I´m in Lesson 1 and I don´t know how to enter SAS Drive in order to start a practice. May someone help me please?

1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ

Hi:

There are a total of 18 classes within the free trial of the SAS Academy for Data Science. The SAS Drive classes are typically the ones that use SAS Viya and are contained within the AI&ML level. There are 5 classes in that level, divided into 3 modules, as shown below:

Unfortunately each of the 5 classes has a Lesson 1. And each of the 5 classes could possibly have different Virtual Lab usage instructions. For example, if you look at the AI&ML level, you see this top page that shows the 3 modules within this level:

Cynthia_sas_0-1587578944656.png

Virtual Lab 1 is used for 4 of the 5 classes. Let's say that you're starting with the Machine Learning class. That class uses Virtual Lab 1, as shown in the above screen shot. So when you are ready to open the Lab, you could click the Open Lab button.

Next, you'd see an information section for every class that uses Virtual Lab 1:

lab1_4classes.png

Each set of instructions will explain how to use the Virtual Lab and get into SAS Drive for each course. You need to read these instructions.

Then you need to make a reservation. Then on the right side of the above VLE screen, you should see the Virtual Lab Reservation System. It has 2 states: Locked and Unlocked, as shown below:

locked_unlocked.png

If the Reservation System is locked, you will need to unlock it by reading the documentation. Then you make your reservation and when your lab is ready, you'll get an email and see the message in the Reservation System Window change.

Here's a YouTube video that illustrates how to access SAS Drive when using Virtual Lab 1 for the Machine Learning class: http://youtu.be/7Y4iVp1SYuU?hd=1  .

I hope this helps explain the Virtual Lab process.

Cynthia

This is a knowledge-sharing community for learners in the Academy. Find answers to your questions or post here for a reply.
To ensure your success, use these getting-started resources:

Estimating Your Study Time
Reserving Software Lab Time
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Troubleshooting Your SAS-Hadoop Training Environment

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation