BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
dillianwong
Calcite | Level 5

Dear Sir,

I was using Virtual Lab – SAS Studio, login as ID: sasdemo, pd: Student1.

And followed the procedures as courses (Data Mining Techniques: Predictive Analytics on Big Data, Chapter 3: Analysis Methods for Categorical Targets, Demo: Deriving a Decision Tree)

I can successfully run demo programs

mldmbd00d00_StartLASR_SMP.sas

mldmbd03d01_GettingStarted_SMPsas

But failed in demo programs

mldmbd03d02_DecisionTree_SMP.sas

mldmbd03d04_LogisticRegression_SMP.sas

The ERROR indicate:

libname LASRlib sasiola port=&SessionPort host=”&host” tag=”&TagString”;

“A connection to the LASR Analytic Server on ‘SASBAP.demo.sas.com’, port 10011, could not be made. Make sure that the host and port are correctly specified, that you are attempting to connect to a LASR Analytic Server of the correct vintage, and that the server is still running.”

Please help, thanks you!

Regards,

Tang-Paai Wong - SAS1043175

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eleven
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Dillian, 

Can you post the log for mldmbd00d00_StartLASR_SMP.sas and mldmbd03d01_GettingStarted_SMPsas ?

Another way to check if the LASR Analytic Server is running is to access SAS Visual Analytics Hub --> Visual Analytics Administrator --> LASR Servers. 
Check on the LASR Analytics Server status.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eleven
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Dillian, 

Can you post the log for mldmbd00d00_StartLASR_SMP.sas and mldmbd03d01_GettingStarted_SMPsas ?

Another way to check if the LASR Analytic Server is running is to access SAS Visual Analytics Hub --> Visual Analytics Administrator --> LASR Servers. 
Check on the LASR Analytics Server status.

Thanks.

dillianwong
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Eleven,

I try to use Virtual Lab Environment to attach the LOG file to this Communities tomorrows. Here I attach my screen captures for the 2 success programs first.

mldmbd03d01_GettingStarted_SMP.sas

Regards,

Tang-Paai Wong - SAS1043175

Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Have you followed the suggestion to make sure that the LASR server has been started? If you remember from the Big Data classes, it's a good idea to go into the Administrator menu and check the LASR server status. Also, to have someone provide you with more help, we need to know the name of the module you are working in and the name of the class within the module.

Cynthia
dillianwong
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

Name of Module:

SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional

Module 4: Advanced Predictive Modeling / Data Mining Techniques: Chapter 3: Analysis Methods for Categorical Targets/ Demo: Deriving a Decision Tree

PROBLEM: Connection to the LASR Analytic Server.

After following the setting-up document “elmldmbd00_0_b.pdf” (Required Setup for Demo and Exercise). I can start and connect to the LASR Analytic Server from SAS Studio.

In brief,

• Lunch the ‘SAS Visual Analytic’,
  • Select Administrator from the SAS Home menu on the left, click the LASR Servers tab
  • Select LASR Analytic Server – sasbap from the Server list, right-click, and then select the Start.
  • Lunch the ‘SAS Studio’,
  • Open the program sas. In line 19, ensure that the hard-coded SessionPort number is the same as the Port Number you recorded in the SAS LASR Analytic Server.

PROBLEM: the file ‘LASRlib.p_model_bank13” NOT FOUND.

I run the program in interactive mode,

Now I can successfully run demo program.

But failed in demo program.

mldmbd03d01_GettingStarted_SMP.sas

mldmbd03d03_Randomwoods_SMP.sas

I thought this is the education module, why I cannot access the demo data set “p_model_bank13” via the LASR Server?.

Please help, thanks you!

Regards,

Tang Paai Wong - SAS1043175

dillianwong
Calcite | Level 5

Today, I am finally okay with all the Demo programs.

I started the LASR Server by running the programs ‘mldmbd00d00_StartLASR_SMP.sas’ in SAS Studio.  

>> libname LASRLIB sasiola start port=&SessionPort tag="&TagString"; 

After that, I browsed the SAS Visual Analytic -> Administrator - > LASR Servers -> LASR Analytic Server – sasbap, and confirmed the status of the server was started and the port number was equal to 10011. With this way, I can connected to the servers and accessed the data set LASRlib.p_model_bank13 successfully.

But, If turned on the LASR server via the SAS Visual Analytics -> Administrator (instead of SAS studio), I failed in accessing the data set LASRlib.p_model_bank13, with error code like below:

129        libname LASRlib sasiola port=&SessionPort host="&host" tag="&TagString";

NOTE: Libref LASRLIB was successfully assigned as follows:

Engine:        SASIOLA

Physical Name: SAS LASR Analytic Server engine on local host, port 10011

156        proc imstat;

157           table  LASRlib.p_model_bank13(tag="&TagString");

NOTE: The table LASRLIB.P_MODEL_BANK13 does not exist in the SAS LASR Analytic Server on host 'localhost', port 10011.

ERROR: File LASRLIB.P_MODEL_BANK13.DATA does not exist.

And this is what I concluded.

Dillian